Lemon has antiseptic like properties and contains compounds that have been studied for their effects on immune function. Lemon can do anything from house cleaning to liver detoxing. Lemon eats away at petrochemicals, so use a glass cup when drinking it in water.
Photo sensitivity Caution: Citrus oils should not be applied to skin that will be exposed to direct sunlight or ultraviolet light within 72 hours.
- Air Freshener – Put 6 drops of Lemon and 6 drops of Purification in a spray bottle filled with water to use in bathrooms as an air freshener.
- Sticky Residue – Use 1-2 drops of Lemon to remove residue from chewing gum, oil, grease spots, or crayons.
- Varicose Veins – Rub several drops of Lemon on varicose veins to improve circulation and relieve pressure on the veins.
- Lemonade – In a blender, mix 2 drops of Lemon, 2bsp of honey, and 2 cups of water. Adjust to suit your own taste. Serve chilled.
- Drinking Water – Drink an 8 oz glass of water with 1-2 drops of Lemon in it daily to detox the liver, to balance the body’s PH, to help with gallstones, constipation, and heartburn. Lemon can also be dropped in tap water to clean it.
- Skin Callouses – Rub a drop of Lemon on a corn, callous, bunion, or wart 2 times a day until it has disappeared.
- Fresh Fruit & Vegetables – To clean and increase the shelf life of fresh fruit and vegetables, fill a bowl with cool water and 2-3 drops of Lemon. Drop cleaned fruit into the water and stir around to be sure that all surfaces of the fruit come in contact with the Lemon.
- Counter-tops – Add 2-3 drop sof Lemon to water and spray counter-top to sterilize it.
- Dishcloths – Soak dishcloths overnight in a bowl of water and a drop of Lemon to disinfect and kill germs.
- Public Restrooms – Rub a drop of Lemon on your hands after using a public restroom to disinfect and kill germs.
- Studying – Diffusing Lemon or drinking it in water is known to wake up neurons and increase brain function during studying and testing.
Statements made on An Oil A Day have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. I share these experiences with you because of the results I’ve had. The statements I make here are in regards to Young Living essential oils only.